Friday, May 29, 2009

scattered sentences

if tomorrow was the start of forever
i used to
read uncle walt
religiously

because he was
never too vulgur
and he knew
whats up

but now
all i want is some anger
with a dash of indifference
because it tastes better

everyone always says
"it's just a phase"
as though to say
it's o.k.
it will all be over
soon

but each phase
is taking
my time
and i think
i want it
back

could you send it
in the mail?
i'll be home all day
tomorrow
don't stop by
i'll be busy
waiting

for this kid
i used to know
because
he has something
of mine
and i think

he'll drop by
and things
will be better
than they are today
and if he doesn't
i'll still be busy
eating my socks
for breakfast

about me
i can be
less than charming
when i forget
to be charming.


(if i
told you
about my bicycle

would you
be my new friend?)

toothbrush

i still have
your toothbrush
because
i'm too cheap
to get my own

it's orange
and says
"aquafresh"
you left it here
in april 2008

but i'm not worried
that you'll be back
to get it
because we haven't
been friends
for months

a letter

my dearest
friends

i
love
you

but

i'm
neurotic
and
boring
and a little
bit messy

i'm not quite sure
what
my point is

love,
savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment